2016 Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service
Honoring the life & work of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. the Shasta County Multicultural Board is holding the 2016 Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service on Monday, January 18, 2016, with the following program:
- 8-9 a.m.: Bell Ringing Ceremony honors the vision of Martin Luther King, Jr. – at Old City Hall, 1313 Market Street, Redding, CA. Attendees are invited to bring a bell & join in the 9 am Worldwide Bell Ringing salute.
- 9:30 a.m.: Shuttle begins from MLK Center to County Courthouse
- 10:00 a.m.: Prayer circle forms in Courthouse south parking lot, Corner of Yuba & Court Street
- 10:30 a.m.: Unity of Vision March, from courthouse to MLK center
- 11:00 a.m.: Celebrating the Courage agenda starts at the MLK Center, 1815 Sheridan St., Redding, CA (at south end of Court Street.) Lunch to follow.
The Courage to Lead…The Courage to Love…The Courage to change…
For more information call MLK Center: 530.225.4375